A mattress is a very important entity in every bedroom. When buying a mattress you should consider a number of factors. It is essentially overwhelming to note the differences between various types of mattresses. Since there are many brands of mattresses in the market, it can be quite daunting to choose one that suits your needs. Two of the best mattresses currently are Tulo and Tuft & Needle. In this guide, we have put Tulo vs Tuft and Needle side by side to help you see which one works better for you. Some of the key comparison aspects include features, construction, comfort, support edge etc. we have also outlined key differences and similarities between the two products. Tuft and Needle vs Tulo mattress comparison will help to note the quality of sleep and value you expect between the two. Keep reading.
Similarities of Tulo Mattress Vs Tuft & Needle
- Both Tulo and T&N mattresses have active trial periods with each offering a 10-year warranty.
- Tulo and Tuft & Needle mattresses have a height of 10″.
- A comfortable mattress earns you a deep sleep, Tulo and Tuft & Needle are all comfortable sleeping surfaces. However, your choice will depend on your preferred sleeping position and comfort level.
- Tuft & Needle and Tulo mattresses serve at least all sleeping positions. They are good for side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
- Both Tulo and Tuft & Needle foam products are great in relieving pressure on your body through their exceptional conformity.
- Both brands offer their customers with free delivery.
Differences Between Tuft & Needle and Tulo Mattress
- Tulo foam products suit box-spring, platform, slatted, and adjustable foundations.
- The Tulo products have four-layers that provide optimal comfort for a deep sleep. However, Tulo’s layer firmness can either be soft, medium, or firm.
- The trial period in Tulo’s mattresses is 120 nights.
- Every Tulo mattress has four distinct layers that are designed to provide you will exceptional comfort, support and pressure relief.
- These mattresses are encased in breathable knitted Polyester that is combined with Tencel blended fabric reinforced Polyester Elastane which makes it durable.
- Tulo mattress is made from plain foam.
Tuft and Needle mattress
- Tuft & Needle products suit at least all foundations which include adjustable beds, slat bases, platform base, and even box-spring.
- They are constructed in a medium-firm firmness level by default.
- The trial period of Tuft & Needle poly foam products is 100 nights.
- Have only two layers which include the support and comfort layers. The lower support layer consists of high-density poly-foam while the comfort foam layer has high-density foam that provides universal comfort which also cools the temperatures.
- Our Tuft & Needle mattress cover is constructed by blending Polyester and Tactel (nylon) materials. That gives it a soft feel that is pleasant to the touch.
- Tuft and Needle mattresses are made of polyurethane foam.
Tulo vs Tuft and Needle Mattress Comparison
1. Construction, Layers, and Covers
Mattresses by Tulo are constructed by the knitted polyester and Tencel blended fabric materials. Every Tulo mattress has four distinct foam layers. These layers are designed to provide you with comfort, support and pressure relief on your back and other body parts. These mattresses have internal breathable layers that increase airflow and cooling while you are asleep. The cover materials are reinforced by Polyester Elastane to provide maximum durability.
The top 2” layer is high-density perforated memory cool flow foam. It is made of titanium particles which are ventilated to keep you cool throughout the night.
The second layer enhances mattresses air flow. It looks like an egg-crate which ensures consistency in ventilation and compression. This firm foam layer has a 1.5” thickness.
Layer three is also 1.5” of thickness. It helps in the reduction of pressure points at the surface of the cover.
Lastly, layer 4 is made with high-density polyurethane foam that gives the mattress a definite structure and supports the other layers above it.
Tuft and Needle mattress
Unlike Tulo mattresses, Tuft and Needle are constructed with adaptive foam which is actually freshly poured. The cover is made using a blended polyester and Tactel (nylon). Tuft and Needle’s construction is more minimized in terms of layers compared to Tulo. Tuft and Needle have only 2 foam layers.
The top layer is the comfort layer with 3″ thick polyfoam which is also breathable. The bottom layer is a 7″ layer of poly blended foam. The lower layer supports the layer above and also gives a shape like Tulo’s fourth layer.
2. Comfort and feel
Both Tulo and Tuft and Needle mattresses have comfortable sleeping surfaces. However, your choice will depend on the sleeping positions and your preference in comfort level. This Tulo vs Tuft and Needle comparison guide will help you to know more below.
Has a distinct peak and valley design in layer 2 which ensures consistency in the flow of air. Therefore, you will not have to worry about heat at night because the second layer combines with the top to give you a cool night’s sleep.
Tuft and Needle
Tuft and Needle mattress has a close conforming and pressure relieving feel which gives ultimate comfort. The comfort layer is of 3 inches 2.9 lb. density poly foam. This layer relieves pressure which ensures that you do not feel stuck when lying down.
3. Firmness Level
Tulo mattresses are is available at three firmness levels namely soft, medium and firm. The soft firmness mattress is meant for side sleepers. The medium one is meant for the couples who vary is sleep positions. The firm one is good for individuals who like sleeping on their backs.
Tuft and Needle
Contrary to Tulo, Tuft and Needle mattresses feel very soft on their top layers. They also have a quick response towards any pressure. In terms of firmness, Tuft and Needle is less firm while Tulo products are versatile. With Tuft and Needle, you will not be moving freely while lying on your mattress. However, the base layer is firm because it is responsible for supporting the entire mattress. In this case, you should choose Tulo as far as comfort and firmness are concerned.
4. Sinkage and Bounce
Tuft and Needle mattresses are somewhat bouncy than Tulo mattresses. This does not mean that they are exceptionally responsive to all some couples. However, T&N mattresses make the best choice for a couple because they provide a great environment for great sex. Also, the choice of Sinkage depends on your personal preferences.
5. Motion Transfer
In regards to motion transfer and isolation, we choose Tuft and Needle mattresses. Most customers have reported the T&N are more adaptive in trapping and isolates motion than Tulo and other polyfoam mattresses. Therefore, you will not wake your partner up when you are making movements on a T&N mattress.
6. Back Support
As aforementioned, Tulo poly foam products are incredibly supportive regardless of their level of firmness. Unlike Tuft and Needle mattresses Tulo is capable of providing proper back support because of their four layers. Tulo products are made with quality comfort foam which is high-density. All the four layers in Tulo products collectively to provide lucrative base support which is good for your back.
7. Sleeper Friendly (Side, Back, Stomach)
Tulo’s medium mattress products are good for people who sleep in many positions. They can support Stomach Sleepers, side sleepers, and even back sleepers. Tulo products are constructed in three different versions to cater to the specific needs of individuals with varied sleeping positions. On the other hand, T&N bouncy which makes them an odd choice to back sleepers.
8. Warranty, Trials, and Shipping
Most boxed Tulo products come with at least a 10-year non-prorated warranty. Also, you can return the mattress within the 120 trial nights. Tulo has representatives who pick the rejected mattresses from homes with the given trial and guarantee night.
On the other hand, Tuft and Needle have a free shipping policy which is a direct door to door delivery. Their trial period of T&N is usually 100-trial night sleep. In terms of the warranty, Tulo and T&N are honest with a 10-year limited warranty.
Tulo poly foam products are durable that is why they have a long warranty period. A standard sleeper can enjoy for 10 to 20 years before noticing any sort of issues.
Tuft & Needle is also a reputable company because of its durable products. T&N’s high-grade poly foam is taught to serve for a long period. Unfortunately, Tuft & Needle poly foam Company has not been in the business for a long time. Therefore, we cannot substantiate the durability of their products. However, a standard user can use the product for at least seven years.
10. Edge Support and Couple Friendly
Edge support is an important aspect for a couple with smaller beds. Both mattresses have great edge support qualities. Your partner will not be stranded in the edge while you are hogged at the middle of the bed. Both Tulo and Tuft & needle foam products have solid edge support. Therefore, both Tulo and T&N foam products are couple friendly. When it comes to sex, couples have different preferences as far as firmness is concerned. Tulo products can be soft, medium and firm while T&N is medium. Tuft and Needle mattresses are bouncy which is preferred by many couples.
Generally, Tulo and Tuft & Needle mattresses are very basic and economical mattresses.
Both brands are relatively similar in comparison but your choice will depend on your preference.
Basically, you can buy Tuft and Needle if you want a universal feel which is suitable for couples and some back sleepers.
Buy Tulo if you want a mattress with amazing edge support and variety in firmness. However, Tulo mattress lacks the cooling ability which is enjoyed in T&N mattresses.
You may also read: